And yes, this is another great thing to learn how to take care of your kid’s milk teeth. Some parents do not give it that way much importance but this is not right at all. According to the experts, it is important to learn the right way of taking good care of your child’s milk teeth. Here, we are going to emphasize it. Let’s check it out.
Caring For Baby’s Gums
First, you need to start caring right from the baby’s gums. But you also need to understand gums care would not involve a toothbrush or toothpaste. The important steps are mentioned below –
- Do always give you kid a soft, moistened washcloth or piece of gauze to clean the gums after feeding. It helps to not have bacteria in the mouth.
- Next thing you need to do is wipe down your baby’s gums at least two times a day. Do not forget this to do as it also helps to keeps gums happy, healthy and fine.
- Do not forget to do this especially after feeding as well as before bedtime.
This wash helps to keep bacteria off from kids’ mouth. Moreover, it also not your kid go and cling gums. You may not know but bacteria can leave a sticky plaque and can damage infant teeth while them coming in.
Best Ways To Take Good Care Of Your Child’s Milk Teeth
- Avoid Cavities – Do notice the first sign of cavities in baby teeth so that situation would not get worse. You need to keep checking your kid’s teeth that if they are not discolored or having minor pitting. The major cause of having a cavity is putting the baby to bed having a bottle of milk or any other beverage. And therefore you need to avoid this as much as you can. Make sure that your infant is not going with a bottle for a long period of time.
- Brush With Toothpaste At Age 2 – Make your kid to learn about the importance of doing brush. Once your kid’s teeth have grown in, it is time to teach them to go for having brushing. Make sure that you have given them a small smear of fluoride toothpaste. And do teach them that it needs to do twice a day.
- Regulate Baby’s Fluoride Intake – The importance of giving enough intake of fluoride to the baby cannot be ignored. It is necessary to have enough fluoride. This makes sure that the baby would not have tooth decay. Most communities do have water supplies having proper fluoride intake and that helps kids to have proper intake of fluoride necessary for teeth. You may also consult with your doctor in respect of fluoride.
- Schedule A Dental Exam – According to the experts, that kid should get his first dental exam at age 1 right after his first tooth appears. The best thing is that if you get good to take care of the first set of your kid’s pearly white teeth, it can play a major role to keep your kid away from dental issues.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead to make your kid know the importance of good oral habit.